Caterpillar’s commitment to critical customer service and sustainable solutions is at the heart of that commitment. We are committed to restoring our products to a near-new state through efficient, safe and environmentally friendly resource reuse.
Did you know:
- Cat Remanufacturing helps customers achieve their sustainability goals and helps them reduce owning and operating costs
Many remakingrs clean old parts before they are destructively drilled and milled. Caterpillar’s approach is different and more comprehensive. Caterpillar’s remanufacturing is different from the traditional overhaul, recycling, refurbishment, repair, repair, overhaul, and downgrade cycle, but a better process flow.
- Outstanding contribution of remanufacturing to the circular economy
Caterpillar’s corporate strategy focuses on delivering exceptional value to customers. We can help our customers achieve their sustainability goals by meeting their stable demand for remanufactured products and components. Producing remanufactured products can reduce water consumption by 82%, raw materials by 85%, and energy by 85% compared to producing new products. In addition, the remanufacturing process can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 61%.
- In 2020, Cat remanufacturing customers saved a total of 131 million pounds (more than 59,000 tons) of material from landfill
*According to the latest statistics, Cat remanufacturing customers will collectively save 127 million pounds (more than 57,600 tons) of material from landfills in 2021
Reducing waste through remanufacturing and overhaul is good for the environment, customers and businesses. Cat remanufacturing products reduce the amount of land space used by landfills by 85% compared to manufacturing new products.
- Cat Remanufacturing provides remanufactured products for equipment repair in mining, construction, industrial power and other industries
More customers are looking for more environmentally friendly and cost-effective maintenance solutions, such as our remanufactured products. Caterpillar’s remanufacturing and overhaul business provides customers with high-quality equipment that helps reduce owning and operating costs.
- Caterpillar is one of the world’s largest remanufacturers and has the advantage of continuing to develop Cat remanufactured products in the future
With nearly 50 years of remanufacturing experience, Caterpillar is proud to have been and will continue to be one of the world’s largest global remaking manufacturers, using advanced technology to repair old parts that would have become waste. Caterpillar’s expertise in engineering and manufacturing, equipment ownership and an independent dealer organization enable us to offer remanufactured products and components through our many brands and overhaul services through our dealers.